Experiential Traveller’s ‘Peruvian Fusion’
Peruvian Fusion is a tried and tested gastronomic journey, mimicking the journey led by Lorraine in September 2017. The itinerary offers a once in a lifetime experience into Peru’s unique gastronomy.
Lorraine won’t be there to guide you herself, however she has curated special trip notes so you won’t miss a thing! You will be tasting, eating and experiencing every possible dish that makes Peru now the world’s leading gastronomic destination.
This journey is designed especially for couples or small groups travelling together. Whilst the journey operates best from a Wednesday, we can make subtle adjustments if preferred to start the journey on another day of the week.
Modern Australian food is often a fusion of flavours and cultures so what better place to start that Peru who invented this fusion practice now copied the world over. Peruvian cuisine is the original fusion food, having absorbed influences from almost every continent over the last 500 years and melded them with ingredients and dishes that provide a direct link to the Incas. This makes it truly unique and yet accessible to many tastes.
While it is best known for ceviche, the marinated raw seafood dish, Peru’s food is remarkable for the diversity of its ingredients, from wonderful fresh fish to astounding varieties of potatoes, corn and chilies, and for preparations that encompass the world, from stir-fried beef to pasta with shrimp.
13 days of authentic experiences, fine food and luxe travel through Peru, including Lima, Arequipa, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Cusco.
We invite you to ignite your taste buds and minds on a carefully curated journey of a lifetime through Peru, one of the world’s leading culinary destinations.
- Must have foodie tips, hints and special notes provided personally by pre-eminent food blogger and lifestyle influencer Lorraine Elliott, aka ‘Not Quite Nigella’
- Dining at some of Lima’s top restaurants showcasing Peru’s sophisticated unique fusion of cuisines
- Exploring Lima’s markets and unique street food including famously unique fusion of Chinese and Peruvian cuisine called Chifa
- Private cooking class in unique surrounds of a leading local chef’s private apartment
- Unique Picanteria experience in Arequipa learning about regional cuisine of Arequipa with unique tasting menu
- Learn how to make empanadas and marvel at the array of produce available from the pre-inca terraces in the Sacred Valley
- Signature lunch at hacienda in midst of the Sacred Valley, showcasing local cuisine of the Urubamba Valley, one of Peru’s richest agricultural regions
- Incredible tasting menu by one of Peru’s rising chef’s in Aguas Calientes, in celebration of the Incas and your visit to Machu Picchu
- Exploration of Cusco’s unique San Pedro market including tasting of local dishes
- Immerse with a local community and learn their own traditions and secrets surrounding the unique fusion of food in the Andes over generations
- Visit to Larco Museum
- Walking tour of Arequipa and visit to Santa Catalina Monastery
- Touring the Sacred Valley including visits to Pisac, Maras & Moray and Ollantaytambo
- Return Train to Machu Picchu
- Private guided exploration of the lost city ‘Machu Picchu’
- Private tour to the south valley of Cusco
- Private exploration of Cusco including visit to the impressive sacred ruins situated above the Royal City of the Incas
Thinking of exploring beyond?
We have access to an exclusive range of touring options including pre, & post night accommodations & signature experiences across the entire region including the Amazon, Galapagos Islands, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Iguassu Falls and Rio de Janeiro. We would be delighted to help you.