Experiential Traveller’s ‘Tasmanian Temptation’
Lorraine is very excited to launch the first Australian destination – Tasmania, the paradise for food lovers!
It’s no secret that some of the most pristine and best quality food comes from Tasmania. Chefs also love Tasmania and Tasmanian produce. But did you also know that Tasmania’s restaurant and food scene has grown in leaps and bounds probably since your last visit? Even in three years the food landscape keeps getting better and that’s why we’ve chosen Tasmania as our first Australian destination.
Tasmania is also synonymous with fine wine, in particular their sparkling is recognised as one of the best in the world after French champagne!
What better way for us to truly immerse ourselves in the delight of Tasmania than to take in the premier food and wine festival Effervescence Tasmania, hosted at the sublime Josef Chromy restaurant and cellar door with the famed Jacques Raymond as the guest chef.
Not Quite Nigella in Tasmania
6 days of immersive food experiences, fine food & luxe travel through Tasmania including Launceston; sparkling wine & food festival Effervescence Tasmania, Tamar Valley, MONA, Bruny Island and Hobart.
$3995 per person, twin share
We invite you to join Lorraine Elliott aka Not Quite Nigella and like-minded foodies as we ignite your taste buds and minds on carefully curated, stylish journey not to be missed through Tasmania, Australia’s premier food and wine destination famed by chefs across Australia and beyond as offering the best produce. This is an exclusive program with VIP access to Effervescence Tasmania, Tasmania’s premier sparkling wine and food festival held annually and now also recognized as one of the best across Australasia.
This journey includes:
- Accommodation for 5 nights in luxurious hotels (Peppers Seaport and MACq01) including full breakfast at your leisure and WIFI
- 4 signature dinner events, 3 signature lunches, 2 specially curated breakfasts as well as snacks, & tastings. Some drinks included where indicated (we leave no food unturned!)
- VIP meet & greet plus private airport transfers
- Journey accompanied by Australia’s Leading Food Blogger Lorraine Elliott
- Personal tour concierge
- Private transfers between Launceston & Hobart, to/from restaurants, farm gates, events and touring included in the itinerary.
- Activity level: easy to moderate. As we focus on food the main activity is eating!
- Exclusive access to The Grand Degustation Sparkling Wine Producers Dinner with Jacques Reymond, a black tie dinner hosted by the best of the best sparkling wine producers in particular Moorilla Wines. This event is strictly invitation only and is not normally open to the public!
- Saturday afternoon garden party at Josef Chromy like no other, with unlimited tasting of premier producers of sparkling from Tasmania and artisan food producers.
- Choice of 2 masterclasses as part of Effervesence Tasmania. Food and wine pairing will be the focus of masterclasses with Bruny Island Cheese and Huon Aquaculture. *Numbers per masterclass strictly limited and can only be confirmed at time of booking.
- Meet and learn from multi-award winning wine writer, television presenter and international speaker, Tyson Stelzer, who will deliver his definitive Tasmanian Sparkling Masterclass.
- Dining at some of Tasmania’s top restaurants meticulously hand picked for this tour. These restaurants showcase the best of Tasmanian produce with some specially designed menus just for us.
- Exclusive Bruny Island day hosted by a local who will showcase Bruny Island’s finest produce and show us day to day life on the island and what makes this island within an island so special.
- Meet local producers and taste their extraordinary produce at a genuine farmers market.
- A visit to the unique and vibrant world of MONA (Museum of Old and New), tasting wines from Moorilla matched with fresh oysters, indulging in a long table lunch and exploring this world class museum with a rockstar tour and cocktail.
- Signature gourmet paddock to plate experiences in the heart of the Tamar Valley
- A finale and celebration of the finest of Tasmanian Cuisine mixed with a view to dream of at Aloft. This will be a specially curated Chef’s menu not to be missed, leaving the best in Tasmania’s fine cuisine to be savoured on the last of our amazing journey through Tasmania.
Touring Inclusions (it’s not just food, although a large part of it is!):
- Visit to MONA museum
- Visit to Bruny Island
- Exploration of the Tamar Valley
- Drinks unless indicated
Thinking of exploring beyond?
We have access to an exclusive range of touring options including pre and post night accommodations and signature experiences including the exclusive Saffire Lodge, just 2.5 hours from Hobart on the Freycinet peninsular. We would be delighted to help you.