A Wagnerian Voyage
21 June – 2 July 2018
$5650 pp departing Hamburg (Opera Fly packages also available departing Australia)
Join The Travelling Tenor on this boutique, small group journey to experience Wagner’s Ring Cycle and Deborah Humble in recital. Discover the two beautiful North German cities of Hamburg and Kiel and enjoy their musical and cultural highlights, with private tours and personal recommendations from local residents and your concierge.
This Opera journey begins in Hamburg, home to the brand new state-of-the-art concert hall – the ‘Elbphilharmonie”. Take a guided backstage tour of this impressive facility, plus attend a fabulous private recital by international Wagnerian mezzo soprano, Deborah Humble.
Then travel by first class rail to Kiel and enjoy the urban flair and maritime atmosphere of this impressive, harbourside city. Over the following days you will have premium seats at the four epic operas of Wagner’s Ring Cycle.
Wagner’s great masterpiece takes inspiration from Teutonic and Norse mythology. The story is centered around a great struggle for power and wealth between gods, giants, humans and the underworld, and features some of operas most famous music, such as the Ride of the Valkyries. The Ring Cycle requires a cast full of colossal vocal talent as Opera Kiel has assembled here, led by the wonderful Australian Heldentenor Bradley Daley as Siegfried. A unique chance to experience this masterwork in one of Germany’s finest opera houses.
This tour truly is a must for all Wagnerians and Opera Lovers!
A 12-day musical and cultural journey in Northern Germany, showcasing Wagner’s operatic masterpiece – The Ring Cycle.
- Premium seats at the 4 epic operas of Wagner’s Ring Cycle in Kiel
- Meet and Greet with special guest, Australian Heldentenor Bradley Daley, who stars as Siegfried in the Kieler Ring.
- Exclusive private recital by Wagnerian mezzo soprano Deborah Humble in Hamburg
- Guided tour of Hamburg’s new, cutting edge concert hall; the Elbphilharmonie
- Private, backstage tour of Kiel Opera House
- Boutique accommodation for 4 nights in Hamburg & 7 nights in Kiel
- Premium seats to the premier cycle of Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring Cycle) at Theater Kiel, starring Australian Heldentenor, Bradley Daley
- Guided tour of Hamburg’s new, state of the art Elbphilharmonie
- Private tour of Hamburg Town Hall
- International Wagnerian mezzo soprano, Deborah Humble, in an exclusive recital in Hamburg, accompanied by Sharolyn Kimmorley AM.
- Dinner, meet and greet with Deborah and Sharolyn
- Optional visit to Hamburg’s most famous market – the Isemarkt – accompanied by Deborah Humble
- Exclusive private Backstage Tour at Theater Kiel
- Opportunity to meet with Bradley Daley, who stars as Siegfried in the Kieler Ring
- First class rail travel between Hamburg and Kiel
- Breakfast daily & a specialty dinner in Kiel
- Full day private group tour to Lubeck – UNESCO world heritage site
- Hosted by professional opera singer Adam Player, The Travelling Tenor